Julius K9 ® has become well known with the IDC Powerharness, one of the best dog harness for popularity.
Julius K9 was the first company in Europe to manufacture dog harnesses and many protective types of equipment for dog owners.
In this review, you will discover the PROS and CONS, of the most sold Harness.
Firstly let´s start with some general information about the brand.
The story of Julius K9
Julius: is the German name for Christian name Sebö Gyula.
K9: Gyula got his first dog in Budapest, at 9 Kele street
Sebö Gyula is the owner of Julius-K9® and the inventor of the “speaking” dog harnesses, I mean the customizable patches that carry messages.
Gyula worked as a dog trainer from 1990 till 1997 when he lived in Austria. And this was where the idea initiated.
Gyula rose enough capital in 1997 to start the company. The company started from a garage as a warehouse because the major chunk was invested in the development of the company.
The outstanding results with several dog units in Austria were their first breakthrough and a gateway to other countries in Europe.
In 2003, the k9 dog harness achieved great success at the World Dog show held in Dortmund.
The Macho, Sexmachines and Powergirls patches are famous till day.
Today, Julius K9 has grown large and is well known all over the world.
Types of Modern Harnesses :
- Y harness: Also called as collar and hames harness, these harnesses are positioned between neck and shoulder joints. It helps a dog to exert its pulling force more optimally.
- Breast strap harness.
Julius K9 products
Julius K9 has a well-maintained and organized product line.
Following are the product lines by Julius K9,
- IDC power harness.
- Lumino IDC Products
- Jeans IDC harness
- Mantrailing/Outdoor dog harness
- Color & Gray family
- Julius-K9 T-shirts
- K9 Powerharness
I got to know about the Julius K9 dog harness from a friend. Honestly, at first, I was not motivated enough by my friend to even try;
Buddy is not a big fan of harnesses, But I only bought one so that he doesn’t feel bad about it.
However, the very next day I took Buddy to a walk. Buddy is a 2 1/2 -year-old Bordercollie male. Buddy is very choosy and moody when it is about collars or harnesses.
He never settles for anything less than the best.
Now Buddy feels very comfortable with the harness made by Julius K9 during training, running and also jumping.
He is very expressive, and I could actually feel how lightweight and comfortable the fabric is.
The harness is quite durable. It is been 2 years since I got my first Julius k9 and it still looks like a new one. The value for money that Julius offers is, I believe, the best.
Julius K9 Popular Websites Reviews and rates:
- According to zooplus.co.uk, 63 out 85 buyers have rates Julius Powerharness a full 5-star rating.
- According to chewy.com, the average rating Julius K9 hold is 4.6 out of 5.
- Julius K9 IDC harness is the best harness ever made by the brand, and it is ranked 6th as the world’s best harness by wiki.ezvid.com.
- Julius K9’s harnesses are the most sold through any online channel.
Why dogs love Julius K9?
- It is very lightweight.
- Comfortable to wear
- Easy to adjust and to wear
- Good for larger dogs
- Skin friendly inner layer
- Waterproof surface
- Breathable material
Buddy never liked wearing a breast harness because it is very itchy. But Julius K9 Harness now is his favorite accesoires
Collars, Harnesses, muzzles or other products are built keeping the comfort of a dog in view. You can actually feel positive energy through the leash when you are walking with your dog.
Why owners love Julius K9?
- It’s very durable. Unlike other harnesses, Julius K9 is made of premium quality fabric.
- Easy to put on as well to take it off
- You can wash it and clean it very quickly
- The buckle is really wide and thick.
- Large handle for controlling and holding the dog
- Machine washable
- High visibility in the dark
- Don’t hold smells
- Adjustable and versatile
- Don’t get torn out by dog bites that easily.
- Julius K9 also offers to put custom texts on the patch. This way a handler can make it more attractive by putting dog ’ s name on the patch.
- No “paper” instructions provided, BUT each product or accessory has a link to the global shop, and any information can be found there: sizes, colours, size charts, product descriptions, photos, Youtube video.
- No front leash attachment, BUT if you purchase also the extra Y-belt attachment there is a possibility to attach the leash on the front.
- Sincerely it was more difficult to find the 2 cons as all the above-listed pros.
- The harness is simply AMAZING.
Q. Where can I type the text for my custom patch?
A. Once you are done with shopping and checking out, you will find a comments box. Type the text in the comment section that you want for your custom patch.
Q. Can a dog get out of the harness?
A. It depends on how handlers handle a situation like this. A dog can get out of harnesses, but Julius K9 harness has a pressure distributor. Do not pull the leash when your dog is trying to take off the harness; it won’t come off.
Q. Does Julius K9 offer a return policy?
A. You have a 15 days return policy after you receive your order
Are you already a happy owner of an IDC power Harness? If yes, send me a photo of your Dog wearing it, and the best ones I will use it here in this Article.
If You have decided after reading this article to purchase The Harness then you are very lucky.
- You can use the coupon “buddyselma2019 “ on Julius K9 Website if you live in EUROPE, and You will receive a 20% discount off everything.
- Or You can use the coupon “buddyselma“ on Julius K9 Website if you live in the UNITED STATES, and You will receive a 15% discount off everything.
- If you have any question, leave me a comment below.